|Mr. Deity and the Scripts|
|Season Three, Episode Four|
|Air date||August 3, 2009|
Mr. Deity and the Magic
Mr. Deity and the Really Unique Gift
Jesus and Mr. Deity discuss problems with the scripts (Gospels).
- Jesus notices the contradictions between Matthew 10:34 and Isaiah 9:6.
- One hypothesis for the origins of the Gospels is that Mark was written first and that Matthew and Luke took much of their material from this gospel.
- John is sometimes called "the disciple whom Jesus loved".
- The Book of Revelation is traditionally considered to have been written by John the Apostle. Some people think the events it describes were written in a drug-induced hallucination.
- Mr. Deity mentions that John the Baptist now has a scarf to cover his neck wounds. In Mr. Deity and the Baptist, John the Baptist is shown with a scarf.
- The virgin birth is only mentioned in the Gospels of Matthew and Luke.
- In the King James Version of the Bible, Isaiah 7:14 says, "Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel." This is actually a mistranslation; the Hebrew word "almah" means "young woman" instead of "virgin".
- Matthew 1:6-16 gives 26 generations in between David and Jesus, whilst Luke 3:23-31 gives 41 generations in between.
- Jesus is upset about babies being killed at his coming (Matthew 2:16).
- Jesus says he highlighted the Bible with his own blood. Some editions of the Bible have the words spoken by Jesus in red ink, which is supposed to represent his blood. Also, this line was an ad-lib.
- Mr. Deity and Larry decide to call "Mel" to use violence to "sell" the Gospel. Mel Gibson created a violent film about Jesus called The Passion of the Christ.